Monday, May 4, 2009
Today was a very eventful day, I started the day around 8:30 by biking in to school. When i got to school I found Dave Pilla and discussed a few construction plans for the framing of our structure. We decided on connecting two 12 foot beams and overlapping them using a standard stagger technique, to fit the 15 foot gap between the metal pole and the designated white pine. For safety purposes I also decided to use a sono tube technique which is essentially filling a plastic bucket with cement, and burying it underneath the connection point between the boards, then placing a support pole on the cement and under the connected boards, adding extra support to the structure. After the discussion i cleared the site of small shrubs and began bringing all the selected boards up to the site. Next, Danny and i went to RP Johnson's and purchased all the necessary screws nuts and bolts for the project. After we returned Brad came to the site and helped us organize the measuring and drilling for connecting each board. We made the correct measurements and started drilling the bolts in place when the day ended. Overall it was a great start to the project and I feel we have a good outline to follow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for doing this awesome project, Duncan! I know all the little Proctor faculty kids will love using the tree fort for years to come! Good luck!
ReplyDelete